Analytics tag

Thursday, January 19, 2012

In Flames @ Ram's Head Live 1/14/2012

Saw In Flames and Trivium @ Ram's Head Live 1/14/2012

 Got there about 8 :30, parked at the way top of the garage (6 1/2). Stowed away my wallet, took keys and ID and cash...Get down the stairs and realize I forgot my card to pay for the ticket.. Elevate back up, grab card and head back down. I get in line behind some thrashers. Some younger guy walks by and asks me if I need a ticket.I ask how much. He says $5. I'm like whaaaaat. He shows me his VIP pass. I jokingly ask him about change, as I've only got a 10. I just give him the 10 and walk right in. SWEET

I step in and it is PACKED. A younger crowd, no real obscure t shirts unfortunately. A Sonata Arctica one, a Suffokate one... nothing like Saxon tho. I make my way to the far back near the back bar on the right and stand for Trivium. No way I'm getting to the pit right now.  

Trivium comes on and they sound pretty good. John's earplugs seem to filter out too much noise :(  I switch to me old earplugs about 1/2 way thru their set. They sound heavier and more full now. A decent setlist, but again I'm not a huge Trivium fan. I like them, but am not super-familiar with. Crowd seems to enjoy them tho. During the last song I head to use the lavatory and am heading back as everyone is heading there or to the bar. I make my way to the back middle of the pit.

Best song: In Waves

I am noticing people near me look like moshers...and I migrate slowly to the right. There is even one guy with half a beard, like Two Face... I don't ask him why. Some cute girls when I walked in. A couple girls with character backpacks (1 Totoro, 1 skunk)..wtf. Shirts for In Flames /Trivium/other bands don't look like anything special. Trivium has some booty shorts tho....I notice an ad for Black Dahlia Murder/Nile/Skeletonwitch tour in the lavatory!!!

In Flames comes on and sound very good. Up until Anders starts singing, his vox sound a bit off. After the first couple of songs, they stop and Anders apologizes he is a bit sick and may not make it thru the set. :( Well they continue and he sounds a bit better as the show goes on, but still a bit off. The band sounds tight and very good, but their setlist could have been better, so much from the new album. But, as the show went on, the songs they selected def sounded great. I would have preferred Pinball Map or something like that, but a different setlist is good overall I think now.

There is a lot of moshing and crowd surfing (Anders was saying that Sweden may taste great, but he wants to SMELL America! And that we should make the bouncers sweat, earn their money). The moshing was similar to the All That Remains portion of the last show- elbows in the back, getting smushed against other people and shoved every so often. I migrated a bit right even more, and then it got a bit less. I still had room to headbang, for the most part. The crowd def was energetic and sung and moshed along. Overall a very good show. Over early, too...11:30PM

Best Song(s): Cloud Connected and The Mirror's Truth



Trivium Setlist
  • Capsizing The Sea
  • In Waves
  • Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
  • Black
  • Forsake Not the Dream
  • Departure
  • Built to Fall
  • Like Light to the Flies
  • Caustic Are the Ties That Bind
  • Down From the Sky
  • Throes of Perdition




In Flames Setlist
  • Sounds of a Playground Fading
  • Deliver Us
  • All for Me
  • Trigger
  • Alias
  • Swim
  • The Hive
  • The Quiet Place
  • Where the Dead Ships Dwell
  • Fear Is the Weakness
  • Come Clarity
  • Ropes
  • Cloud Connected
  • The Mirror's Truth
  • Take This Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Gripes? Additions? Hate? Leave a comment!