Analytics tag

Friday, March 30, 2012

Iced Earth @ 930 Club 3/13/2012

Went w/ Milla to see Iced Earth play 930 club with Warbringer. We got there a little after Warbringer came on, so whatever they played for the first 10 or so minutes I don't know. Saw Dorothy and that Scott guy there. There was a pretty smallish crowd, the bottom of the 930 Club would be pretty full if the scattered people on the balcony came down, but not so full that people would be packed like sardines. A poor turnout, these guys really should be more popular :/ The crowd had a lot of older looking chaps, but a good number of younger people too. This was not a mosh heavy crowd. The merch looked alright, I didn't see anything that struck my fancy tho.


Warbringer sounded decent. But since I am not that familiar with Warbringer, having only their new album they sounded a bit generic thrashy. Not bad, but not OMFG let me get this album! They played a couple songs before the frontman asked why no one was moshing? Moshing commenced in a small group after that. I wonder if he didn't say anything if any pits would have broken out. This 

They played Long Live Rock n Roll on the PA between the sets, possibly cause someone saw my Rainbow shirt (or so I'd like to think?).

Iced Earth came on...and my phone died/would not let me take photos beyond the one I got of them. They sounded GREAT though. The first few songs sounded perfect- it was marvelous. After that it got a bit looser, but still sounded great.  Highlights for me were 'Days of Rage' Iced Earth played BURNING TIMES as a bonus (didn't see that on any other setlists for this tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Warbringer photos

Iced Earth photos


SETLISTS

Warbringer

  • (?missed anything before )
  • Shoot to kill
  • Future ages gone
  • Shattered Like Glass
  • Demonic Ecstasy
  • (an Old one?)
  • Total war
  • Senseless life
  • Living in a whirlwind
  • Combat shock


Iced Earth
  • Dystopia
  • Angel's Holocaust
  • Slave to the Dark
  • V
  • Stand Alone
  • When the Night Falls
  • Dark City
  • Damien
  • Anthem
  • Declaration Day
  • Days of Rage
  • Watching Over Me
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Iced Earth
  • BURNING TIMES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Gripes? Additions? Hate? Leave a comment!