Analytics tag

Friday, November 25, 2016

Led Zeppelin2 @ Fillmore, Silver Spring 2/26/2016



I went to see Led Zeppelin 2 (Led Zeppelin cover band) at the Fillmore with my friends Andrew and Glenda. I believe we had comp tickets, so why not?





Imposter Robert Plant


They ended up playing an hour and a half of classic Led Zeppelin songs, pretty similar to when I saw them 2 years ago at the Fillmore, also. They played a longer set then, but either way it was similar show, just shorter. It was pretty packed, and the top was even open and pretty populated. I don't know if more people got comp tickets or actually paid full price (I think it was $20-30 for a ticket otherwise), which always makes me a big depressed that this cover band can draw more than a huge Lineup like Sonata Arctica/Dark Tranquillity/ Swallow the Sun/etc.... but I digress.

Faux Jimmy Page


Their look (stage garb) was still very Led Zep, and they sounded really good. Not like the real deal (or so I'm told), but it sounded close enough to me! I don't think I really had any complaints except that I could have used some more songs. The crowd was a bit mild, as they only really seemed to come alive for applause in between songs- I have noticed this a bit for the classic rock crowd.

The Fillmore pole obstructing the view mirrors my memory blocking the song gaps


Unfortunately, I've not gotten to this until much later, and my notes have some issues, so there are a couple gaps in the setlist, and I really have no idea what the missing songs were. Overall, if you like Led Zeppelin, but never got to see them live, this was a pretty good way to get close.


Next Show:  Coheed and Cambria

Photos


-
Setlists
band (9:20- 10:49)

  • Immigrant Song
  • Heartbreaker
  • Black Dog
  • Over the Hills and Far Away
  • ? not dazed
  • Stairway to Heaven
  • Going to California
  • birthday interlude
  • That's the Way
  • Bron-Y-Ar Stomp
  • Dazed and Confused
  • ?
  • Thank You
  • Moby Dick
  • ?
  • Communication Breakdown
  • Whole Lotta  Love
  • Rock And Roll
  • The Ocean
  • Bring it on Home

Updated: 12/6/2016: back dated12/2/2016-added cut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Gripes? Additions? Hate? Leave a comment!