Analytics tag

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Six Feet Under @ Cafe 611 11/3/2012

Went with Milla up to Frederick to see Six Feet Under and Cattle Decapitation up at Cafe 611 ($22). It was our first time at that venue and we were curious as to how it and the turnout would be. We got there around 10, and Wretched was finishing up their set. There were a lot of people, the place was pretty packed. The chicken suit guy showed up at some point as well.

I also realized this was another Gauntlet. What a way to start a month- Fozzy, Dethklok, then Six Feet Under. And I didn't even realized it. Having a day off can help things :3





The crowd was a bit different from Jaxx/Empire, and I only saw 2 people I had recognized- photographer Wendy and the guy from a local band that I got my Death Angel ticket. There were a lot of young people and more girls than expected. I think maybe there just may be nothing to do in Frederick, and a live show is a draw. Even extreme music like this!  to stress that point, later that night, while we were at Sheetz, one guy asked us if we knew "Where the party was at in Frederick," as if there were only one party in Frederick. And there may have very well been just one. I think I kind of saw why some people call this part of MD...Fredneck.. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I mean the people were fine for the most part, only the real wasted people were the problems.


I thought Wretched still sounded Black Dahlia Murder esque , still without the solos. Their frontman seemed more intense this time, especially when he was kind of at the edge of the pit, getting people all AMPED. We heard their last 2 or 3 songs.

The venue was pretty big, mostly clean. There were different parts of the restaurant for different things- bar, restroom, entry way, main room w/ floor, bad staging area, and my favourite- the well lit room for merch. There was a ton of merch for Cattle Decapitation, and a bit for Wretched and Six Feet Under. I thought Wretched had the best shirts of the 3. There were also local band stuff, but I didn't really look at those in detail. Six Feet shirts were $25, CD was $15.

Cattle Decapitation was on next- and my fears came true. The dull roar punctuated by yelps every so often exemplified what I considered Cattle Decapitation to sound like- Noise. That is not to say there were not some parts I liked, but those were few and far between. I was only cursorily familiar with them, and only recognized a couple songs/heard the vocalist say what they were. The crowd was pretty into them, from the pits we saw and avoided and I saw more than a few Cattle Decapitation shirts.  The thing that stuck most in my mind was that before their set, the vocalist had several issues with the microphone sounds an kept on shouting at the sound guy in what sounded like a condescending voice. THEN, throughout the set, during a few songs, he STILL complained, asking that the sound be a little higher, or a little lower (depending). I found this supremely hilarious because I could not pick out one word of his vocals during the actual songs. Different Strokes, I guess. I thought they were pretty horrible. I liked the heaviness, but disliked pretty much everything else.

Six Feet Under came on a bit before midnight, to a thinner crowd (not sure if locals went home, or if more people wanted to see Cattle Decapitation). I thought their first song was better than Cattle Decapitation's whole set. They had what C.D. did not have- songs, structure, an (somewhat) melody. I only was familiar with a few Six Feet Under songs, but I knew it would be a nice and heavy show. I was not disappointed. Headbanging was my choice for most of the songs- and they were nice headbanging riffs to do it to. The pits were less intense than CD, but I think people were getting tired.
We were in the back and every time I tried to take a picture, someone would move in the way and block. So I really got a bunch of unusable photos.  Regardless, the slower, heavier, and more distinct song structure for Six Feet Under had me loving it. I would def see these guys again. Chris Barnes' dreadlocks were ridiculous and must have been almost hitting the floor. Whatever they were doing, they kept the crowd pretty enthralled.

The crowd got kinda rowdy, so much so that the security team of like 3 guys were stationing themselves in the crowd. They hauled a couple people off the floor, but they stumbled back at various times. There was also this one girl in a leopard dress that got progressively worse shape. It started off in one piece, and she was somehow gyrating/grooving to Wretched. Then by CD, the back zipper was a bit .. broken, halfway down her back, and the bottom of the dress was a bit more ruffled than it was before. By Six Feet Under, she was kind of falling over, and she had to um readjust her dress that was riding up in the back. I think she also was nailed by someone in the pit at one point. And got back up relatively quickly. Another fan was dressed up like a clown, with a tiny hat and creepy face paint.

I think I was the only one who took them up on the buy 2 tickets, get a Job For A Cowboy ticket free (that day), and had to kinda wait a bit for the promoter to get me that ticket. Cool. We hit up Sheetz afterwards and MTO'd it up and talked to some girl who worked there about Tripp pants, and 'Octane' style hard rock/'metal.'

If anyone has any more info about what songs they played or might have played, def drop me a line here or on setlist.fm

horrible Photos:
Cattle Decapitation
Six Feet Under


(partial Setlists)

Wretched (last 2 songs)
  • My Carrion
  • (Unknown)

Cattle Decapitation (10:48 -11:19)

  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • Forced Gender Reassignment
  • (Unknown) (had a tape playing machine guns at the beginning)
  • (Unknown)
  • Kingdom of Tyrants

Six Feet Under (11:44 - 12:39)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown) (sounded like Motorhead- Iron Fist)
  • (Unknown)
  • Feasting on the Blood of the Insane
  • Victim of the Paranoid
  • (Unknown)
  • The Day the Dead Walked
  • (Unknown)
  • Deathklaat
  • Reckless
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown) (probably Hammer Smashed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Gripes? Additions? Hate? Leave a comment!